Have you ever experienced living in dormitory of school with about 100 student?
When I was in junior college I have lived in dormitory of the college. My college is located in Hadano, Kanagawa. (but it is almost near Hakone..)It takes about more than 2 hours to go to school from my hometown, it means I have to spend about 5 hours a day every day. I wanted to spend my time for studying to transfer to 4 years university. Therefore I decided to live in the dormitory and my parents also recommended it, too. And then, I started to live in the dormitory with about 100 girl’s student together. Can you imagine the life with 100 girls together?:) lol
The dorm (dormitory) is located in inside of the college. So, it takes about only 2 or 3 min to class room!;) It is the privilege of the student who lives in the dormitory, including me!;) lol
However!!!
Our dormitory has many severe rules for living in the dorm.
1) You have to get up at 7:30 to clean up the dormitory for 30~40 min every morning, including Saturday.(the work is divided for each of the students, for example, washing bathroom, sweeping the entrance or corridor, wiping the windows, cleaning the dining room and so on…)
2) After finished to clean up, you go to school cafeteria to have breakfast and go back to the dorm again to prepare for school.
3) First class begins at 9:20. In the lunch time we can go back to the dorm to have lunch. You don’t need to have lunch at school cafeteria. Also, you can come back and sleep in your room till next class beginning. (However some students sometimes overslept and come late for class.)
4) Your dinner time starts from 17:45 at school cafeteria. (your breakfast and dinner are served everyday, except weekend) But!! You have to finish having dinner by 19:00!!From 19:00 to 22:00 is your free time. ;)
5) During this free time, you can take a bath. But you must not take a bath more than 30 min and wash hair inside of the bathroom. The students are divided into 12 groups of 8 students. And each group can use each bathroom. So, it means 8 students use one bathroom. Also you can use hot water from 18:30 to 23:00!! CAN YOU BELIEVE?! We can’t use hot water after 23:00. EVERY SEASON! Also you have to wash our hair in the sink. ( When I missed the time can use hot water, I sometimes washed my hair with cold water.:( haha)
6) Dorm door locked at 22:00. If you don’t come back by this time, you have to take a penalty!!
7) After 23:00, the kitchen is locked and you can’t go into there. It means you can’t take anything out of refrigerator after 23:00.
8) Oh!! Also you can’t have TV inside of your room. There are 2 TVs in the dorm,,,so,,,you have to share using them with other 99 students. haha
9) Of course there are no air conditioner inside of your room and dorm. ;)
Only it is soooooooo cold day, you can use it for very short time.
10) After 23:00. You must not go out from your room. (However, if you don’t make big noisy sound you can go to friend’s room or studying room and so on…)
11) You must not stay out all night without permission of sister’s who take care of us.
If you want to stay out, first, you have to call your parents and tell them about when, where, and who with…like that. Second, your parents call the dorm (sister) and tell about the detail. After that you can get permission to stay out.
・
・
・
・
・
We have more rules about living in the dorm. However, it is impossible to write down here all of them! haha If we don’t keep these rules we have some penalty( do you wanna know??haha) or….have to leave the dorm.:(
Of course, my dormitory life was not so easy but I met many wonderful friends there!!;)How can I explain….? We could become one big family through living with together.
Sometimes we have small troubles because 100 students live with together everyday.
There are 100 people in the dorm, it means there are 100 kinds of way of thinking or feeling. That’s why I loved the dormitory life. ;)
I can learn many ways of thinking or feeling and so on. And it gives me some hints when I get in trouble. Also there was nothing that I couldn’t do, because many friends always helped me whenever I needed someone’s help.
I learned that my life are made of a lot of love!!;) And I have to appreciate for it;) I can say that this dormitory life for 2 years changed my life!;) Also I can say “I am happy!!”

2 comments:
Wow! I was surprised with your dormitory rules. I definitely can't follow any of the rules, hahaha. You must be a good girl :)hehe. Anyway, I can imagine that it is really fun spending time with precious friends!!
It sounds like a really good place. It is strict, but I think it was good for you, especially not watching too much TV.
Post a Comment